This week ther is much less to report progress on ... yeah I sort of dug my teeth into something I knew I had to finish because the colours give me the creeps - but hey I'm a Swabian we don't throw away things just because we don't like them - if they can be used they will be used.
the whole thing measures 47 x 62 inches ...
and I have no idea what to do with it now - any ideas for a border?It all started with some blue shirts that the local THW - Federal Agency for Technical Relief was "throwing out" and some old bed linens I had lying around in apricot and white. They all worked nicely together being well washed (and used) so being soft despite the rather coarse/rough weave.I think I showed the trial block last week - well that's the top done - 1 shirt, 1/2 apricot linen, 1 white linen
Apart from that there hasn't been happening much - I got a few more Bee blocks, I guess I will need a second design wall. I have half of the June blocks, the purple, orange, red ones and 2 July blocks. But yeah the I didn't really work on those blocks - I mean I just carried them upstairs.
And I finally got around to sew my block for this fortnight (that's 14 days - I got some questiosn so I thought I woudl mention it) of the Landmädel QAL - sunset sewing picked an "easy" block: whirlpool, well I might have to do it again with less HSTs and more flying geese, maybe I will get the seams to mach better.
Ohh well yeah I did start hand sewing the binding to my bluegreenpink quilt - that I'm liking more and more especially the back ...